New Year’s Resolutions are always a little bit depressing and crappy reminders of how much a better person you think you should be. This year I want to go for a mix of body and mind. I’m putting these here in the hope that announcing them publicly it’ll motivate me to actually achieve some of these. Inspiration was taken from Elite Daily but I have tweaked a few – and also narrowed down the list to make it more realistic.
- Do yoga twice a month: I haven’t done yoga since moving out of Dublin and have kept meaning to get back into it but have been putting it off. I’m hoping that I’ll find twice a month manageable enough.
- No electronics an hour before bedtime: I’ve gotten into the really bad habit of mindless phone scrolling before I go to bed, I’d like to kick this and go back to an old-fashioned book before bedtime. Hopefully this will in turn help me get through my book list.
- Make a phone call every week to someone you love: this might be my favourite one! Phone calls are really so much superior to mails and texts.
- Plank: hold a plank for one minute, three days a week. This is my least favourite one.
- Try and get 5 a day: I’m so sick of being sick. Time to boost this immune system motherfuckers.
- Blog more: I started blogging because I wanted to write more. I’d like to keep this up and maybe even start writing other things.
Happy New Year to you all, I hope 2016 starts with a bang and you are surrounded by friends and love.