May I start off this post by saying first and foremost – I know feck all about coffee. I can in no way claim to have any idea about coffee, a real coffee fan may visit one of these places and have this reaction:
A lot of these are local to me and I don’t think any of these are secret spots. I’ve just been compiling lists of places I like and want to share. So in no particular order:
- Coffee and All That Jazz Coffee with some great music, it’s easy to sit here for hours and watch the world go by. Also the carrot cake is amazing – and I don’t even like carrot cake.
- The Sidekick This coffee spot is actually within a really great comic book shop so it’s impossible that I wouldn’t like it. The coffee is great (in my humble opinion), the setting is really cool and they have bacon scones. Literally there is nothing to not like about this place.
- Balzac’s Coffee Distillery District Balzac’s has a few locations around Toronto, I personally love the one in the Distillery District as they’ve transformed a beautiful old building into a hip coffee house. I can’t speak for the food but definitely stop here for a caffeine injection when you’re in the Distillery District.
- Fika Set in an old house in Kensington Market this place has adopted the Swedish concept of “Fika” which is a coffee break with emphasis on the break part. Brunch is delicious and they have an impressive book page wall!
- Sud Forno Part of the Terroni Italian group this place offers strong Italian coffee as well as a wide range of delicious pastries.
I hope if you do end up going to any of these you’ll enjoy them!